Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Compare Previous Versions
SQL Compare Previous Versions forum

Interactive Report

Search in SQL Compare Previous Versions forum
Jump to:  
bcpreece

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Interactive Report Reply with quote

I have just gotten back to using SQL Compare again after changing jobs.

I have noticed that the Interactive Report generation has changed. Now I have to zip the report up to send it because of the image folder that is generated. It would be nice if there were an option in SQL Compare to have the image location changed to an intranet or internet location that you could specify in a configuration setting.

This would make it so you could just send out the .html file instead of zipping the whole thing up and relying on users to know how to unzip and display it correctly.
Chris Auckland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post.

There has indeed been a change in the behaviour. We now create the images folder with the report, so that users without an internet connection can open the report.

If the images folder can't be found, it's supposed to try our website, but this doesn't work due to bug SC-4867.

As a workaround, you can either change the location where we look for the images in the generated .html report, or through the xsl template (in 'Program Files') used to generate the report. The former will only affect that instance of the report, the latter will affect all subsequent reports.

The change you will need to make will be:

Code:
function SetupImagesDir()
{
    imagesdir = reportFileName + "_images\\";
}

to

Code:
function SetupImagesDir()
{
    imagesdir = "http://www.red-gate.com/scimages/";
}

I hope this helps.
kluke@ecolab.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Interactive Report Reply with quote

I tried both fixes and neither has worked. Do you have any idea how soon this will be fixed?
Chris Auckland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know when you can expect the fix. It's currently scheduled for v10, but a date for that hasn't been discussed yet.

The workaround worked ok when I tried it here before posting, so I'd be happy to take a look at your report and see if I can get it working without the images folder for you.

Feel free to send it to support@red-gate.com. Can you include the reference F0054217 in the subject line, so it will update the ticket we have open for you?

Regards,

Chris
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you see this as such a large problem but we have also had lots of problems with people who have restricted Internet access and also want to view the interactive report properly.

I had a check into this and the fix did work (the infamous "works on my machine") but I made triple-sure, deleted my cache and even monitored the web browser traffic with Fiddler to make sure the images were coming from our website and not the _images folder.

You do realize that if you change the .xsl that you have to generate the report again?
bcpreece

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked for me Chris.

It would be nice if there were a option or configuration page that allowed for this to be changed instead of having to dig through files.
bcpreece

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question on this topic. Is there a way that you can disable the creation of the image folders now that I am using your website to get images?
Chris Auckland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid you can't stop the images folder being created in the current version.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1