Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Comparison SDK Previous Versions
SQL Comparison SDK Previous Versions forum

DifferencesSummary and ResultsStore disagree

Search in SQL Comparison SDK Previous Versions forum
Jump to:  
Rodarin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: DifferencesSummary and ResultsStore disagree Reply with quote

I ran a comparison on the "same" table in two different databases, one of which has had a single column of a single record modified. The DifferencesSummary.DifferenceCount() method of the TableDifference returns 1, and the In1 member of the DifferencesSummary has a value of 1 (which seems incorrect, as I simply modified a row contained in both).

When I look at the ResultsStore member of the TableDifference, it reports a RowCount of 0, and calling GetReader() or GetReader(Row.RowType.In1) on that ResultsStore gives a RowCount of 0.

If the TableDifference.DifferencesSummary knows there is a difference, why can't I get it?
Rodarin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Never mind... Reply with quote

Never fails that you find the answer to your own question after you have given up and asked the world for help. The ComparisonSession.CompareDatabases was called with SessionSettings.IncludeDifferentRecords only, hence the result. Odd, though, that the DifferencesSummary still lets me know about In1 and In2.
james.billings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you worked it out- I'm not sure why the two would differ like that off the top of my head, but they are two different things of course. I also saw recently that some of the properties in the DifferencesSummary are marked as obsolete now, so that may also be something to do with it.

Let us know if you have any further trouble though!
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1