Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SmartAssembly 6
SmartAssembly 6 forum

Feature Request - FUSLOGVW functionality

Search in SmartAssembly 6 forum
Jump to:  
JohnRedGater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Feature Request - FUSLOGVW functionality Reply with quote

It would be nice if smart assembly added a feature that would show the assembly loading and binding process similar to FUSLOGVW when testing a build. I could simply be instrumentation code that is injected into assembly and when it executes it displays a text or graphical window detailing the assembly binding process. This of course would only be used to debugging purposes but would save developers from the tedious FUSLOGVW.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would probably be helpful and I can suggest this but personally I think this sort of thing really belongs in a debugging tool. If this problem is happening in the wild, though, I suppose it could be useful to attach any relevant fusion log in the error report. This is the sort of thing you can already do using the SmartAssembly SDK.

Just to see if it would be an easy win, I checked the docs on Microsoft's Fusion API and it doesn't seem to me that it provides an interface to get at .NET's probing/binding activities.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1