Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Comparison SDK Previous Versions
SQL Comparison SDK Previous Versions forum

Licensing behind a firewell

Search in SQL Comparison SDK Previous Versions forum
Jump to:  
scotty2012

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Licensing behind a firewell Reply with quote

I have activated my SQL Compare instance with the manual method, and it worked fine. I am now trying to activate using the information found here:
http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/Content?p=SQL%20Comparison%20SDK&c=SQL_Comparison_SDK/help/8.0/SDK_Licensing.htm&toc=SQL_Comparison_SDK/help/8.0/toc68944.htm

I've also tried with the machinehashutility.exe which seems to execute fine (after I added my proxy to machinehashutility.exe.config), but I still get prompted for the serial number when I build my project that uses the SQL Compare SDK. When I click 'Activate' the box just closes and then I get these errors:

Code:

Error   2   Exception occurred creating type 'RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database, RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine, Version=7.1.0.182, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57' System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RedGate.Licensing.Client.resources, Version=2.7.0.6, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57' or one of its dependencies. Thesystem cannot find the file specified.   C:\source\enterprise\Development\Current\build\CustomBuildActivities\CustomBuildActivities\licenses.licx   1   CustomBuildActivities
Error   3   Exception occurred creating type 'RedGate.SQLDataCompare.Engine.ComparisonSession, RedGate.SQLDataCompare.Engine, Version=7.1.0.230, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57' System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\source\enterprise\Development\Current\lib\RedGate\RedGate.Licensing.Client.resources.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.   C:\source\enterprise\Development\Current\build\CustomBuildActivities\CustomBuildActivities\licenses.licx   2   CustomBuildActivities
[/url]
james.billings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not finding the resources file is quite a common error with the SDK - a couple of things to try are:

- try building one of the sample applications, and activate that.
- make sure your app isn't targetting the .NET 4 Client profile, instead, use the full one, or ideally 2 / 3.5

When it fails "correctly", you should still be able to then follow the manual activation procedure if necessary.
scotty2012

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James,
I was able to build the SQL Compare example application with no problems, but it did not ask me to activate. I am using the .Net 4.0 framework in order to integrate with TFS.

I was able to get the licensing in my DLL done using this method:
http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/Content?p=SQL%20Comparison%20SDK&c=knowledgebase%5cSQL_Comparison_SDK%5cKB200708000115.htm

But, when I try to actually use the dll, I get an exception with the message: "You do not have a valid license for the SQL Comparison SDK". But the server that is using SQL Compare has a valid licensed copy installed.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1