Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Location: Red Gate Software
|Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:35 am Post subject: SQL Backup 6.5 has been released
|SQL Backup 6.5 has been released and is available for download.
This is a minor upgrade that includes various engine improvements and bug fixes.
Ability to choose "existing database file location" as well as the SQL Backup suggested defaults.
MAILTO_NOLOG parameter added for the BACKUP and RESTORE commands. This specifies that SQL Backup will send a blank email (subject field only) on a MAILTO, MAILTO_ONERROR or MAILTO_ONERRORONLY command without the contents of the log file included.
Bug fixes and improvements
- Improvements to purging backup files in the following cases:
- when folders contain spaces in the name
- when the restored database name differs from the original database name
- Support for KEEP_CDC
- LATEST_ALL keyword fixes for restoring the latest full backup and and all subsequent log and differential backups, in particular:
- handling large backup sets
- handling SQB files created with earlier versions of SQL Backup
- Network resilience bug fixes
- Product activation improvements
- Improved debugging information and error handling:
- Debug information for decompression
- More exception handling code when writing process data for the GUI
- When creating new folders
- Partially created backup files when running out of disk space
- Detect if t-log backup file has previously been restored during log shipping.
Quality improvement program - users now have the option to send usage information back to Red Gate to help us improve future versions.