Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Multi Script 1
SQL Multi Script 1 forum

Running scripts in Multiscript sequentially

Search in SQL Multi Script 1 forum
Jump to:  
gsc_ghx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Running scripts in Multiscript sequentially Reply with quote

I noticed the other day when running 3 scripts in Multiscript that it did not run the scripts sequentially. I had script one return the date and time at start of the process, script 2 and 3 the release code that was applied to all the databases, script 4 return the date and time to get the end time. But when I executed - script one and script four ran at the same time - therefore the date time was the same. I wanted to see how long execution took to run all the scripts - as we have not found how to get Multiscript to tell us how long everything took to run.

How can I get Multiscript to run secquentially or to report the time the process took to run?

Thank you... Rolling Eyes
chriskelly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you navigate to the Tools menu and select Application Options > Execution (towards the top of the form) and then select Serial Execution, then this will ensure that your scripts are run sequentially.
gsc_ghx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Is there a way to have MultiScript report how long it takes to run scripts?
gsc_ghx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris - I have the optiono of Parallel Excecution. I have it set to run against 5 databases at a time. What I would like to know - I have 4 scripts - the first on is select getdate() - I want the time the process starts. Then the code release - 2 scripts - they are run properly - then I have script 4 - select getdate(). I want the time the whole process completes. What I saw when I used this theory last week was - Script 1 and Script 2 were both run at the same time - thereby giving me a start and finish time of less than a second.

Is there some way Multiscript can give me the time stats for the process?

Thanks
Geri
chriskelly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, beyond the start time which is displayed in the "Scripts Executed" pane, this is not possible at the moment. I have raised an enhancement request with our developers so that they can look into implementing something(reference: SE-673).
gsc_ghx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Any reason why script 1 and 4 are run at the same time and not after the completion of script 3?
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1