Red Gate forums :: View topic - Update experience
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
.NET Reflector 7 EAP
.NET Reflector 7 EAP forum

Update experience

Search in .NET Reflector 7 EAP forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
colinbo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Update experience Reply with quote

Just had my first pop-up when launching Visual Studio about Reflector being out-of-date. I wasn't too crazy about the experience of this as it is disconnected from the primary UX of Visual Studio. I would much rather see it either be a notice when the actual Reflector UI launches or use the VS Extension Manager which notifies via a tray icon.

The whole update experience of taking me to a download page rather than having a self-updating option is up for debate as well. Personally I don't mind installing an MSI package that puts everything in its right place. I like, for example, the balance Telerik has struck in offering both automated (Windows Installer) and manual (zip file) installation options.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1