Red Gate forums :: View topic - How does Redgate actually prevent us from using version 6?
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
.NET Reflector 7.0 Feedback
.NET Reflector 7.0 Feedback forum

How does Redgate actually prevent us from using version 6?

Search in .NET Reflector 7.0 Feedback forum
Jump to:  
wellilein

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: How does Redgate actually prevent us from using version 6? Reply with quote

It does not seem that Reflector checks for updates at startup.

It does also not seem that version 6.6.0.30 uninstalls itself in case an update is available. Neither for minor updates nor for major updates. I checked by redirecting the update check requests to my own server.

I set the date on my PC to April and Reflector still works. It seems Reflector has no time limit by now.

Does anyone have other experiences?
wellilein

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: My fault Reply with quote

My fault: I thought it would expire in March, but it expires on 30th of May and will come up with a message then.
JDelekto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: My fault Reply with quote

wellilein wrote:
My fault: I thought it would expire in March, but it expires on 30th of May and will come up with a message then.

I wonder what would happen if they allow the community to download a current version 6 with the 'forced upgrade' removed. It would probably make the community ecstatic.

I suppose, possibly, they could then turn around an offer a 'free' version 6.9 which offers some 'taste' of what 7.0 has to offer but requires the upgrade. I wonder if that would have quelled all the grieving.
AdamsGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: My fault Reply with quote

JDelekto wrote:
I wonder what would happen if they allow the community to download a current version 6 with the 'forced upgrade' removed. It would probably make the community ecstatic..

Considering the fact that so many people on here have expressed that very thought, it seems like a pretty safe bet.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1