Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Performance Profiler 6
ANTS Performance Profiler 6 forum

ANTS and AjaxControlToolkit

Search in ANTS Performance Profiler 6 forum
Jump to:  
randar.puust@jonassoftwar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: ANTS and AjaxControlToolkit Reply with quote

I am fairly new to ANTS Profiler (6.1.0.119), but I'm running into an issue right out of the gate. We have a system that uses:

AjaxControlToolkit
    Kentico 5.5
    ASP.Net 2.0/3.5

The application works fine, and profiling most pages works fine until I hit one that uses AjaxControlToolkit. When that happens, I get the following error and those pages will not load:

Method not found: 'Void _ANTS_MeasureFunctionCall_(Int32, Int32)'

But being fairly new to ANTS, I'm not even sure where to start trying to fix it. I assumed I wouldn't need to change the application and still really hope I don't. Is there a way to work around this issue? Here is the full stack trace:

Stack Trace:
at AjaxControlToolkit.ExtenderControlBase..ctor()
at AjaxControlToolkit.AnimationExtenderControlBase..ctor()
at AjaxControlToolkit.DynamicPopulateExtenderControlBase..ctor()
at AjaxControlToolkit.ModalPopupExtender..ctor()
at ASP.cmsmodules_cho_roster_pageusercontrols_clubroster_ascx.__BuildControlmdlMember() in c:\Projects\CHO.Next\Code\CHO.Next.WebCMS\CMSModules\CHO\Roster\PageUserControls\ClubRoster.ascx:line 34
at ASP.cmsmodules_cho_roster_pageusercontrols_clubroster_ascx.__BuildControlTree(cmsmodules_cho_roster_pageusercontrols_clubroster_ascx __ctrl) in c:\Projects\CHO.Next\Code\CHO.Next.WebCMS\CMSModules\CHO\Roster\PageUserControls\ClubRoster.ascx:line 1
at ASP.cmsmodules_cho_roster_pageusercontrols_clubroster_ascx.FrameworkInitialize() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webcms\e56ff3fa\21311589\App_Web_islwwjfe.0.cs:line 0
at ASP.Simple.__BuildControlclubRoster() in http://server/WebCMS/CMSTemplateLayouts/ae1a8f61-f9de-42b3-b485-c43e9fe5881b/CHO/Roster.ascx:line 6
at ASP.Simple.__BuildControlTree(Simple __ctrl) in http://server/WebCMS/CMSTemplateLayouts/ae1a8f61-f9de-42b3-b485-c43e9fe5881b/CHO/Roster.ascx:line 1
at ASP.Simple.FrameworkInitialize() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webcms\e56ff3fa\21311589\App_Web_roster.ascx.b59fac45.egwcp6ys.0.cs:line 0
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(IWebObjectFactory objectFactory, VirtualPath virtualPath, Type t, Object[] parameters)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at CMS.PortalControls.CMSPagePlaceholder.LoadLayout(String url)
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I have not seen this specific stack before, but I do know that historically (at least since v4) ANTS Performance Profiler does not get along with Ajax Control Toolkit. The problem only seems to be when reading the symbols for that DLL, so the workaround is to either disable line-level timings or delete the AjaxControlToolkit.pdb. The only negative effect of the latter is you will not get as much detailed information from the AJAX dll, which you probably can't use anyway.
randar.puust@jonassoftwar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the idea of removing the pdb and it worked perfectly! Very Happy For anybody who runs into the same problem, I actually put the following as a post build step into our solution since we really don't care about debugging the AjaxToolkit.

@rem Removing the PDB which is causing issues with ANTS profiler
del /Q $(TargetDir)AjaxControlToolkit.pdb

This deletes it every time and allows ANTS to work for anybody on my team without having to figure out why it is failing.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1