Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Performance Profiler 6
ANTS Performance Profiler 6 forum

Profiling Prism Modules

Search in ANTS Performance Profiler 6 forum
Jump to:  
dselly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Profiling Prism Modules Reply with quote

I'm using .NET Framework 3.5, WPF, and Prism (formerly Composite Application Guidance).

I'm seeing instrumentation of all assemblies my shell.exe has direct references to, but Prism uses dependency injection, and so many modules are loaded dynamically at runtime.

No information from these assemblies is being captured. I've copied them from the Modules subdirectory to the same directory as my exe in hope that probing by the assembly loader would bump into them there, but that didn't work.

Is there some way I can get the Profiler to calibrate these late-bound, dynamically loaded assemblies as well?

thanks,
Dominic
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dominic,

The profiler will pick up all IL code executed by the runtime, regardless of whether or not it's late-bound or explicitly referenced. Is the problem that you do not get the source view? If so, it's probably because you do not have the debugging information. Third-party vendors almost never ship their assemblies with the PDBs. If you show all methods and don't hide insignificant methods and show all threads then you should see results for the third-party code in the all methods grid and/or tree view.
dselly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian-

Thanks for your reply. I have the source code, but the PDBs were not present in the Modules directory.

Works like a charm. Great tool. Thank you.

--dom
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1