Red Gate forums :: View topic - How do you merge system.* assembly
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SmartAssembly 5
SmartAssembly 5 forum

How do you merge system.* assembly

Search in SmartAssembly 5 forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
pwelter34

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: How do you merge system.* assembly Reply with quote

I'd like to merge System.Threading.dll with my .net 3.5 project. The assembly does not show up in the dependency list. I tried manually editing the project file but it still doesn't merge it in. Is there a way to merge this dll?

~ Paul
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

You cannot merge or embed Microsoft FCL libraries using SmartAssembly. The assumption is that .NET Framework is already installed and attempting to overwrite the FCL will cause serious trouble.
pwelter34

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that, however System.Threading.dll is not installed by default. Its included in Reactive Extensions as a back port of the threading and task classes to .net 3.5. I want to support .net 3.5 in a build and want to make it easy for clients by merging this in. No option for this? I'd think you could have some override? Can I ILMerge after SmartAssembly, will that cause issues with Obfuscation?
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should work to use ILMerge to post process the assembly, as far as I know. We are not going to provide any help for that, though.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1