Red Gate forums :: View topic - get 'specified cast is invalid' when trying to attach file
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Virtual Restore 2
SQL Virtual Restore 2 forum

get 'specified cast is invalid' when trying to attach file

Search in SQL Virtual Restore 2 forum
Jump to:  
kconner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: get 'specified cast is invalid' when trying to attach file Reply with quote

I purchased Virtual Restore 2.x about 6 weeks ago and am just now testing its use. At the same time, I purchased an upgrade to my SQL Backup 5.1 - I just completed installing v 6.4.0.56. In order to test VR, I did a backup of a small database with new SQL Backup version and then tried to use VR wizard to attach it. When I try to attach the backup file (I have tried an sqb compressed non-encrypted file plus a native sql 2000 file), I get the message 'Specified cast is not valid'. I can't find any information related to this message in the support site although I figure it must be something simple. Can you share any info on this?

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks!
kconner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: upgrade fixed issue Reply with quote

upgraded to new version 2.2 of SVR at suggestion of support and this seemed to correct the problem. Was able to attach both native bak and sqb formats.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1