Red Gate forums :: View topic - How to use RedGate.MemoryProfiler.Snapshot.TakeSnapshot?
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Memory Profiler 7 EAP
ANTS Memory Profiler 7 EAP forum

How to use RedGate.MemoryProfiler.Snapshot.TakeSnapshot?

Search in ANTS Memory Profiler 7 EAP forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
haggard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: How to use RedGate.MemoryProfiler.Snapshot.TakeSnapshot? Reply with quote

I downloaded and installed the early adopter 7 code, registered the two DLLs as was stated in the instructions (my development system is Windows 7 on an x64 Dell), made a very simple x86 .NET application and called RedGate.MemoryProfiler.Snapshot.TakeSnapshot(<filename>) but the function returns a false with no exceptions or other error indications that I can see. Is there an example of how to use the snapshot code?
===========
Richard Lewis Haggard
StephenC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It should only return false if the application is not running in the memory profiler. We have only implemented the API so there could be a few other issues that we are currently unaware of.

Regards,

Stephen
haggard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: How to programmatically get memory dump snapshot. Reply with quote

Doh! I'd just assumed that the profiler would automatically run. You have to START Red-Gate memory profiler 7 application manually, have it lauch the application being profiled and then everything appears to work in the desired fashion. To quote an SNL comedienne who has now sadly passed away, "Never mind."
StephenC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad it was easy to resolve.

Wink
dom.smith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone else is having problems when using the TakeSnapshot() method, I have put a PDF containing the draft help for this feature at http://downloads.red-gate.com/HelpPDF/ANTS_Memory_Profiler/AMP7EAP_TakeSnapshot.pdf
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1