Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Packager 6
SQL Packager 6 forum

Force Upgrade database option

Search in SQL Packager 6 forum
Jump to:  
Garymazzone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Force Upgrade database option Reply with quote

Is there a way to force the GUI interface to have the Upgrade database option selected instead of the Make database option? I have tried editing the project template to have the radiobutton selected but it does not come up that way after the exe is created
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary,

I think that the problem you're seeing could be a symptom of a bug in SQL Packager that causes the program to always create a new database regardless of whether ot not /makedatabase was specified. Can you please upgrade to the latest private build from

ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQL_Packager/SQL%20Packager_6.3.1.5_x86_r91109.zip

? Hopefully this solves the issue for you. If not, please let me know.
Garymazzone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already down loaded that version. I did manager to make this do what I wanted by moving the statement to set the radio button to later in the code.
jsprenkle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: is this available? Reply with quote

Is this build version still available?

We're experiencing a bug when using command line options. If I do not specify /makedatabase I still get an error when the package executable tries to create it.

I've already tried the version (6.3) download-able from the forum sticky update link. The version referenced here is no longer on the server.

Thanks
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will want to download the cumulative patch for SQL Packager. It's in the announcement topic at the top of the SQL Packager forum. This topic always has the link to the latest Packager build. Although it hasn't been officially been tested it's been around for a long time and seems to solve lots of issues while not causing any that I know of.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1