Red Gate forums :: View topic - Unable to find dll for obfuscation during compile
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SmartAssembly 5
SmartAssembly 5 forum

Unable to find dll for obfuscation during compile

Search in SmartAssembly 5 forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
jzickgra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Unable to find dll for obfuscation during compile Reply with quote

I have set up the SmartAssembly project to run as a post compile for my targeted obfuscation dll in the dll's project file as noted in the help. I have the OverwriteAssembly flag set to true. When I compile the first time, it seems to run ok but I don't think the dll is obfuscated because it is the same size as the regular release dll. Every subsequent compile throws the following error:

Quote:
Compile complete -- 0 errors, 0 warnings
C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SmartAssembly 5\SmartAssembly.com ..\..\..\xxxPlugin.saproj
SmartAssembly v5.0.0.284
Copyright c Red Gate Software 2005-2010
Loading project ..\..\..\xxxPlugin.saproj

ERROR: Unable to find 'C:\xxx\xxxPlugin\bin\Release\xxxPlugin.dll'.
C:\xxx\xxxPlugin\xxxPlugin.csproj(477,2): error MSB6006: "SmartAssembly.com" exited with code 1.
Done building project "xxxPlugin.csproj" -- FAILED.

I am using VS2008 sp1. The target dll is a .net 3.0 project.
nick.maidment

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Unable to find dll for obfuscation during compile Reply with quote

This seems like a bit of a strange one. Can you check that 'C:\xxx\xxxPlugin\bin\Release\xxxPlugin.dll' exists? Please can you send your {sa}proj file to support @ red-gate.com with F0037043 in the subject line.

To determine if an assembly is protected or not, you could try using reflector or another de-compiler to view the code in question.

I notice you're also on v5.0.0.284, you may want to consider running the check for updates. 5.1 has been out for a couple of weeks and fixes a couple of nasty bugs.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1