Red Gate forums :: View topic - Where is the product documentation?
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SmartAssembly 5
SmartAssembly 5 forum

Where is the product documentation?

Search in SmartAssembly 5 forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
AntoineC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Where is the product documentation? Reply with quote

I have installed SmartAssembly 5 but cannot find the product documentation / help.

Please let me know where it is located.

Thanks,

Antoine
Ed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: No Docs Reply with quote

There is none except for the info you can find on the website. Crying or Very sad
However, the support is good. Smile
dom.smith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: SmartAssembly 5.0 documentation Reply with quote

The documentation for SmartAssembly 5 is located at http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/Content.aspx?p=SmartAssembly&c=SmartAssembly/help/5.0/SA_GettingStarted.htm&toc=SmartAssembly/help/5.0/toc.htm
To navigate around the documentation, use the 'Learning SmartAssembly' links to the right of that page.

I am planning to release an update to the help in the next month, so if there is some information that you need but you can't find in the help, please tell me by posting in this forum. I am also monitoring the support questions about SmartAssembly, so I will try to address the main issues that they have been asked about in the next update, too.

Hope that helps,
Dom.
AntoineC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: SmartAssembly 5.0 documentation Reply with quote

Thanks Dom for the info.

Two suggestions:
- Add a link to this doc in the app (or if it is already there make it more visible).
- Have a kind of white paper written on SmartAssembly. It is difficult to understand what are the pros and cons of each SmartAssembly option. Also a quick crash course on Obfuscation would be nice. Your customers are probably experienced developers but are not necessarily very knowledgeable on obfuscation.

Thanks,

Antoine
dom.smith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for the comments. The whitepaper is a very good idea in my opinion and I'll write something on this.

There is a link to 'Help Topics' in the left-hand menu in SmartAssembly but it would be better if this went to the 'Getting Started' page that I linked to above. I've raised this as a bug. In the meantime, if you click the 'Help Topics' link, you will find a link to the 'Getting Started' page under the 'Learning SmartAssembly' heading.

Thanks,

Dom.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1