Red Gate forums :: View topic - Create new DB from committed scripts
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control EAP
SQL Source Control EAP forum

Create new DB from committed scripts

Search in SQL Source Control EAP forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
mgaert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Create new DB from committed scripts Reply with quote

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but is there a way to create a new database from the committed scripts? The new app seemed so smart I thought maybe I would see a "Create from scripts" choice in the New Database dialog (there's a feature request!).

Thanks, I will definitely user this.
sherr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Create new DB from committed scripts Reply with quote

We currently don't store the CREATE DB script in source control. So, you just need to create a new db first as you normally would. This way you can specify size and locations in case machines are different. Then link this new db to source control on the setup tab. (Use the "Link to a db already in source control..." instead of the "Create link" on the Setup Tab.) Then get latest, which will bring your new db up to date with everything that was in source control.

You can vote/comment on this feature request at http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/39019-sql-source-control/suggestions/459952-open-a-database-from-source-control?ref=title.
mgaert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, haven't tried it yet but that is the feature I was looking for.
mgaert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it, worked great. It had a little problem with creating a role, but I just told it to slam through and it was all good. Thanks.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1