Red Gate forums :: View topic - BUG: Does not find all references of the searched text
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Search 1
SQL Search 1 forum

BUG: Does not find all references of the searched text

Search in SQL Search 1 forum
Jump to:  
LAJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: BUG: Does not find all references of the searched text Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm currently facing the following issue:

When doing a search using the exact match on all objects I'm getting much fewer results than what I should have.

When comparing with a different search tool (toad for instance) on the same objects, toad get all the references whereas SQL Search only has a few (the count is different).

Toad get more than 150 hits (which are all valid, which mean the searched text is found somewhere inside the object code)
SQL Search get only 14 hits for which some are valid, some invalid (the searched text is not found in the source code of the result hit)

The searched text look like: "SchemaName.TableName space". (The final space is needed because some table name extend other table name therefore when adding a space I get the base table name. Ex: TableName and TableNameWithOtherCharacteristics. So looking for TableName with a space discard other table (TableNameWithOtherCharacteristics) which contain the base table name)

Some post might suggest that a dot might cause unexpected results.

The installed version of SQL Search is 1.0.0.288
I'm using SQL Server 2008 SP1

I've notice a private build but I prefer waiting for an official release before testing.

Please let me know how to fix these search behavior.

Thank you
emoreau

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this problem has been reported many times. check http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=10418 for a status
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1