Red Gate forums :: View topic - Version number SVN labels
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control EAP
SQL Source Control EAP forum

Version number SVN labels

Search in SQL Source Control EAP forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
paul.price

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Version number SVN labels Reply with quote

I'd like to be able to create and apply a SVN label when my project is ready for release. Later, if I want to recreate a test database at the v1.1 version (for example), I should be able to use the Label to get the correct versions of all the database objects.

Without a label, how else could this be accomplished?
David Atkinson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Yes, we recommend that labelling is used as part of SQL Source Control. For now you will have to label from your existing source control client software and if you want to deploy that version you 'get' this to a folder and use SQL Compare Pro to synch it with your target database. In future versions we'll make this more integrated with SSMS. Would you be able to try this out as it is and let us know if it works for you?

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
Red Gate Software
paul.price

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Happy to help out with SVN Reply with quote

David,

My shop uses SVN for source control (not VSTS). I would be happy to help out with testing on SVN. I have several ideas on how I'd like to use SQL Source Control in our multi-dba environment.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1