Red Gate forums :: View topic - Why is the ANTS 5 menu grayed out in Visual Studio 2008?
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Performance Profiler 5
ANTS Performance Profiler 5 forum

Why is the ANTS 5 menu grayed out in Visual Studio 2008?

Search in ANTS Performance Profiler 5 forum
Jump to:  
rgelb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Why is the ANTS 5 menu grayed out in Visual Studio 2008? Reply with quote

At some point, the menu became disabled. The number of buttons on the ANTS 5 toolbar went down to 1 ('Profile Performance').

How do I re-enable it?

VS2008 with all latest service packs on WinXP with all latest service packs using ANTS 5.2.
nick.maidment

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: disabled menu Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you're having problems. There are a couple of things you can check. If you go into the Tools menu then the add-in manager, You should see the ANTS add-ins, and the Startup check box should be checked. Is this the case?

Also with the ANTS 5 menu, some of the menu items will be disabled if there is no project loaded. Are you seeing greyed out options if the projects are open?

If you're still having problems here is a knowledge base article which you might be able to use to solve the problem:

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/Content.aspx?p=ANTS Performance Profiler&c=knowledgebase%5cANTS_Performance_Profiler%5cKB200905000388.htm

The article refers to version 4 so you'll need to update the assembly references with:

regasm /codebase "%programfiles%\red gate\ants performance profiler 5\RedGate.Profiler.Five.AddIn.dll"
regasm /codebase "%programfiles%\red gate\ants memory profiler 5\RedGate.Memory.AddIn.dll"

but a quick word of caution, this will reset all of your visual studio add ins.
rgelb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it all, didn't work. I gave up and did the uninstall/reinstall. That fixed it.
StephenC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the benefit of others reading this post:

If you go to the ANTS Profiler directory in program files you will see a file called FixVS2k8 (there's also one for 2005).

Running the .bat file should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Stephen
Fidelis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thank you StephenC, FixVS2k8.bat worked perfect! I made an account just to give you props for a solution I had long been looking for.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1