Red Gate forums :: View topic - Can't clear alerts, OK button covered entering comment
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Response 1
SQL Response 1 forum

Can't clear alerts, OK button covered entering comment

Search in SQL Response 1 forum
Jump to:  
neelymd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Can't clear alerts, OK button covered entering comment Reply with quote

Confused
Clearing an alert, the pop-up window displays to "Add Coment to Alert", it displays with the enter box for the comment extended down to the bottom of the window covering the OK button at the bottom of the window. I can just see the end of the Cancel button.

I have my laptop resolution set to the optimum setting but because my eyes are old I changed the DPI setting in the Advanced Display properties to use Large Size (120 DPI). If I change it back to use the normal setting the Add Comment pop-up window displays properly. The laoptop is running Windows XP.

I would like to use the Large DPI size so does anyone know if there is a setting I can change to make it work?
kevriley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neelymd, I had a similar issue using 120DPI and the response from the SQL Response team was

Quote:
SQL Response doesn’t support font sizes other than 96 dpi (standard windows small text). Unfortunately the windows GUI toolkit pre windows Vista makes this very hard to support. Maybe once Vista/Windows 7 get some traction in the business space we’ll be able to support this.

I know this doesn't help you, but at least you now know others have had the same issue, and have raised it!
neelymd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks, that's good to know
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1