Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Data Generator 1
SQL Data Generator 1 forum

Select tables to populate improvements

Search in SQL Data Generator 1 forum
Jump to:  
kampak1111

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Select tables to populate improvements Reply with quote

Hi,

Scenario
I usually use the SQL Data Generator to generate data only for specified tables. As I have a lot of tables in database it is very time-consuming to check the checkboxes of tables that I need.

There is a rule in table naming convention that allows me to know which of these I should generate data for.

I would like to be able to choose tables to generate data for in more comfortable way.

Possible Solutions
    Select only selected(?) tables (local menu feature)
    In the local menu of the [Tables to populate] list there are only options: Deselect All, Select All, Select All Other Tables.

It woul be fine to be able to select (with [CTRL] or [SHIFT]) tables on the list and then click [Select Specified/Selected Items]. I would be able to use [SHIFT] to select a lot of tables with two clicks (not 100 as I need now).

Select tables - regex
    That local menu, mentioned above, would have a [Select With Regular Expression] command that would allow to specify regular expression to specify tables. It would be very comfortable to remember that also with the project and to reuse it later. This might be used also in the command prompt application (as at the moment command prompt application is not very helpful for me).

Thanks,
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. We can certainly look into that. It may be difficult to do, considering that you may also want to assign different generators to each column.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1