Red Gate forums :: View topic - Help with an error message.
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Toolkit Previous Versions
SQL Toolkit Previous Versions forum

Help with an error message.

Search in SQL Toolkit Previous Versions forum
Jump to:  
fmeads

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Help with an error message. Reply with quote

I wrote a command line script app using the toolkit. I installed it on a co-workers machine and get the following error message.

Could not load file or assembly 'RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine, Version=6.2.1.36, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I verified the ReGate files where in the system32 directory and ran regasm command to register them on my co-workers machine. Still getting the error message. Any help would be appreciated.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for your post. You don't need to register any of the RedGate assemblies or place them in the system32 folder; in fact I'd recommend avoiding this as it could introduce problems when we upgrade the assemblies.

More than likely there is a missing dependent assembly. When you distribute a SQL Toolkit application, you have to distribute the assemblies specified in the Toolkit documentation.

The other possibility is that you use the Data Compare engine. If you are using the Data Compare API, you need to ensure that all of the assemblies come from the SQL Data Compare distribution because the dll versions vary between the SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare distribution so that the Data Compare dlls all need to be kept in the same directory as your console application.
fmeads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added the missing assemblies. Now when I try to run my app on my co-worker's machine it wants to activate toolkit again.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

That usually indicated that the licensing that was supposed to take place when you built the project was not entirely successful. Maybe having a glance at our troubleshooting document will help.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1