Red Gate forums :: View topic - Changing Script Name Doesnt Change Script Name in Editor
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Load
ANTS Load forum

Changing Script Name Doesnt Change Script Name in Editor

Search in ANTS Load forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
AdamL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Changing Script Name Doesnt Change Script Name in Editor Reply with quote

I have an issue where I have recorded 15 Scripts as I recorded each script I have changed the names from the default Browse whatever to more relevant names. But when I go into the script editor it would appear that it has not only saved the scripts that I had removed but not renamed any of the scripts to the names I have changed them to.

Please help......

Thanks,

Adam
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adam,

Yes, I know. The script management is ANTS Load is completely flaky. You have to remember to change the name of the 'class' in the script file if you change the name of the file in the project. This should get the ANTS Load script manager to properly correlate the script name with the file name.
AdamL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I am very dissapointed in the performance of Ants Load on a number of very simple cases. I guess I will just have to recreate all 15 Test Cases.

Thanks Again Brian
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to recreate the test cases! Just change the class name to the same thing as the file name on the right. For instance if you rename the script from foo to bar, open the script editor and make sure that
Code:
Public Class foo
becomes
Code:
 Public Class bar
Close the script editor. In the 'edit load' dialogue's composition tab, change the script name from 'foo' to 'bar'.
AdamL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that I have like 20 Browse Client entries and I can tell them apart simply by looking at the generated script.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1