Red Gate forums :: View topic - Columns in search results
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
Aardvark
Aardvark forum

Columns in search results

Search in Aardvark forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Author Message
Paul Redman
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Columns in search results Reply with quote

Good Day,

My company has been using Aardvark for some time now and one thing that has
come up many times is if there is a way to customize the columns shown by an
issue search.

Currently it shows: Bug #, Title, Product, Project, Severity, Priority,
Status & Date Raised.

Is there anyway to change the columns that are displayed here?

Thanks


Back to top
Brian Donahue



Joined: 23 Aug 2004
Posts: 6649

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Columns in search results Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Since the UI of Aardvark is simply a collection of Active Server Pages,
it would be pretty straightforward to modify what turns up in your issue
search results. What would you like the results to include?

Brian Donahue

Technical Support Engineer

Red Gate Software Ltd.

+44 870 1600 037

mailto:brian.donahue@red-gate.com



"Paul Redman" <predman@jencess.com> wrote in message
news:VB$D6WgzCHA.1432@server53...
> Good Day,
>
> My company has been using Aardvark for some time now and one thing that
has
> come up many times is if there is a way to customize the columns shown by
an
> issue search.
>
> Currently it shows: Bug #, Title, Product, Project, Severity, Priority,
> Status & Date Raised.
>
> Is there anyway to change the columns that are displayed here?
>
> Thanks
>
>


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paul Redman
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Columns in search results Reply with quote

Currently the columns are as follows:
Bug #, Title, Product, Project, Severity, Priority, Status & Date Raised


We would like to see it as follows:

Bug #, Title, Product, Severity, Status, *Developer, *Type, Date Modified


Items marked with a "*" are user defined fields that we have created.

Look forward to your reply

"Brian Donahue (Red Gate)" <brian.donahue@red-gate.com> wrote in message
news:2IWk4yR0CHA.1928@server53...
> Hi Paul,
>
> Since the UI of Aardvark is simply a collection of Active Server
Pages,
> it would be pretty straightforward to modify what turns up in your issue
> search results. What would you like the results to include?
>
> Brian Donahue
>
> Technical Support Engineer
>
> Red Gate Software Ltd.
>
> +44 870 1600 037
>
> mailto:brian.donahue@red-gate.com
>
>
>
> "Paul Redman" <predman@jencess.com> wrote in message
> news:VB$D6WgzCHA.1432@server53...
> > Good Day,
> >
> > My company has been using Aardvark for some time now and one thing that
> has
> > come up many times is if there is a way to customize the columns shown
by
> an
> > issue search.
> >
> > Currently it shows: Bug #, Title, Product, Project, Severity, Priority,
> > Status & Date Raised.
> >
> > Is there anyway to change the columns that are displayed here?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >
>
>


Back to top
Brian Donahue



Joined: 23 Aug 2004
Posts: 6649

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Columns in search results Reply with quote

Hi,

I've run into a bit of difficulty getting this to work because of the
custom fields. The way that the bugs.asp page works, it will only include
the custom fields if you check the 'summary of issue details', which kind of
defeats putting them in the rows of the bug report.

So we'll have to figure out a way to get bugs.asp to include the
'summary of issue details' dataset without actually showing all of the extra
information on the page. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Brian Donahue

Technical Support Engineer

Red Gate Software Ltd.

+44 870 1600 037

mailto:brian.donahue@red-gate.com



"Paul Redman" <predman@jencess.com> wrote in message
news:3#IOcAf0CHA.1640@server53...
> Currently the columns are as follows:
> Bug #, Title, Product, Project, Severity, Priority, Status & Date Raised
>
>
> We would like to see it as follows:
>
> Bug #, Title, Product, Severity, Status, *Developer, *Type, Date Modified
>
>
> Items marked with a "*" are user defined fields that we have created.
>
> Look forward to your reply
>
> "Brian Donahue (Red Gate)" <brian.donahue@red-gate.com> wrote in message
> news:2IWk4yR0CHA.1928@server53...
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > Since the UI of Aardvark is simply a collection of Active Server
> Pages,
> > it would be pretty straightforward to modify what turns up in your issue
> > search results. What would you like the results to include?
> >
> > Brian Donahue
> >
> > Technical Support Engineer
> >
> > Red Gate Software Ltd.
> >
> > +44 870 1600 037
> >
> > mailto:brian.donahue@red-gate.com
> >
> >
> >
> > "Paul Redman" <predman@jencess.com> wrote in message
> > news:VB$D6WgzCHA.1432@server53...
> > > Good Day,
> > >
> > > My company has been using Aardvark for some time now and one thing
that
> > has
> > > come up many times is if there is a way to customize the columns shown
> by
> > an
> > > issue search.
> > >
> > > Currently it shows: Bug #, Title, Product, Project, Severity,
Priority,
> > > Status & Date Raised.
> > >
> > > Is there anyway to change the columns that are displayed here?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group