Red Gate forums :: View topic - Can We Insert New Reocrd By Using Ants Load
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Load
ANTS Load forum

Can We Insert New Reocrd By Using Ants Load

Search in ANTS Load forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
jagadeesh_qc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Can We Insert New Reocrd By Using Ants Load Reply with quote

Hi All,

Can We Insert a New Reocrd By Using Ants Load script in Database. If yes What are the steps?

Thank You,
Jagadeesh
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

ANTS Load can only make web requests. If you have a web application that does the database updates, you can use ANTS Load as a harness to get it to perform many updates automatically in a short period of time. The software is mainly designed to stress-test websites rather than test their functionality is working properly, however.
tommyjjohnson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: I've accomplished this task very easily Reply with quote

I've used ANTS Load to interact with a database directly, without using my Web site. All you have to do is write VB.Net code to do it. I used this example to test database performance:

Dim con As System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection
Dim com As System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand
Dim ElapsedTime As TimeSpan

Try
con = New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("Server=dbtest1;database=nevada;uid=xxxx;pwd=xxxx")
con.Open()
com = New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand(QueryName, con)
com.CommandType = Data.CommandType.StoredProcedure
com.CommandTimeout = 2400
com.ExecuteNonQuery()
Catch ex As Exception
If Me.Id < 2 Then
AntsHelper.Tracker.SendToExternalHtml("c:\loadtest\hyperthreading.htm", ex.ToString(), "&nbsp;")
End If
Result = "ERROR"
Finally
If con.State <> Data.ConnectionState.Closed Then
con.Close()
End If

com.Dispose()
con.Dispose()

ElapsedTime = DateTime.Now.Subtract(now)
AntsHelper.Tracker.SendToExternalLog("c:\loadtest\hyperthreading.txt", QueryName & vbTab & Result & vbTab & ElapsedTime.ToString())
End Try

Alternately, one could write an assembly, reference it, and use that. I haven't found anything that I can't do with ANTS load so far...some things are really difficult and some things are really slow, but I've been able to do them.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1