Red Gate forums :: View topic - extra object (schema) when comparing source control to a DB
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Compare 10
SQL Compare 10 forum

extra object (schema) when comparing source control to a DB

Search in SQL Compare 10 forum
Jump to:  
ajmudrak@rutgers.edu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: extra object (schema) when comparing source control to a DB Reply with quote

When performing a SQL Data Compare between a database I have in SQL Source Control and a live database, there is an extra object appearing in the Source Control version that actually does not exist. The extra object is a schema for a user that was not included in source control (filtered).

On the database that is linked to source control, the schema itself doesn't even exist. The user that it belonged to does, but that user account is filtered from source control, and was never committed.

On the destination live database I'm trying to copy the schema to, the schema doesn't exist, and it shouldn't.

When I checked out the source control copy of the database to a folder, and searched through the .SQL scripts, I couldn't find anything in there that included this schema.

Do you know why it might think that the schema exists and is trying to add it to my live destination database?

Thanks!

--
Andy
Anu Deshpande

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have logged a support ticket for you and will email you shortly.
E-mail: support@red-gate.com
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be some backward-compatibility issue with SQL 2000, because back then schemas did not exist and were the same as users. I seem to recall some older versions of SQL Compare made a schema for a user when going from 2000 to 2005. (of course these days SQL 2000 support has been dropped entirely so I don't think the latest version would do that).

It's also possible that there is some object either owned by or has permissions set for that schema and it's being created as a dependency.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1