Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Compare 10
SQL Compare 10 forum

Command Line Usage

Search in SQL Compare 10 forum
Jump to:  
SteveGTR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Command Line Usage Reply with quote

I created a batch file to compare a snapshot against a database. A project was created using the GUI where I specify to only check stored procedures (I've simplified the filter down for this example). Here's the batch file (simplified):

sqlcompare /Project:Project.scp /report:SchemaDifferences.html /reporttype:Simple /f

echo ERRORLEVEL is %ERRORLEVEL%

SQLCompare reports that nothing is different, exits with 63, and produces a report with no differences.

I see that in order to get anything to work I have to include the /reportAllObjectsWithDifferences parameter.

Running the batch file again, SQLCompare reports that nothing is different, exits with 63, but now the report has everything that is different.

This is my problem, I saved the project after specifying that only stored procedures are compared.

I'm using the project file for a number of reasons:

1) First I ran into a similar problem when my filter was being ignored. The filter was saved via the GUI

2) I like the simple encryption that is being done on the password encoded in the project file

3) It's nice to be able to run the exact same comparison via the command line and the GUI

I'm using SQLCompare version V10.4.8.87.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will contact you directly about this, as the problem sounds like it needs some serious debugging.

If you want to avoid error code 63, you're supposed to use the /include:Identical switch, but then you include all objects, which may or may not override your filters (the results of using command-line options with conflicting project options are inconsistent).

Either way /reportAllObjectsWithDifferences shouldn't suddenly be reporting all objects as different when they're not.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1