Red Gate forums :: View topic - Question: OnTime integration - any/none/possible?
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 3
SQL Source Control 3 forum

Question: OnTime integration - any/none/possible?

Search in SQL Source Control 3 forum
Jump to:  
PDinCA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Question: OnTime integration - any/none/possible? Reply with quote

We're currently using TRAC and SVN with SSC and have the TortoiseSVN client, too (needed for SSRS and SSIS commits).

Upon Commit in SSC we add, for example, [ticket:1234] as a comment and SVN logs the checkin link to the TRAC ticket, 1234, so we can see changesets from a ticket perspective in TRAC.

We're looking at transitioning to OnTime and it has hooks to Tortoise SVN that also update items in the OnTime product but we have only seen their plug-in operate in Visual Studio, not Management Studio - the plugin is essentially an extra button to choose items and builds some integration-token-string that is added to OnTime during Commit.

Has anyone tried using OnTime integration, like TRAC does it, with SSC? Any advice? Is this a "new feature" I should place on UserVoice?

Thanks, in hopes...
james.billings

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stephen,

This isn't one we've been asked about before I'm afraid, so it sounds like one for Uservoice...
PDinCA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a conversation with OnTime Developers on Tuesday, so will wait until, and if, there is more detailed info I can add on Uservoice.

I recommended the SSMS Ecosystem initiative to the OnTime folks - hoping it bears fruit as they already have a plugin for Visual Studio.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1