Red Gate forums :: View topic - Reflection
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SmartAssembly 5
SmartAssembly 5 forum

Reflection

Search in SmartAssembly 5 forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
kchristo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reflection Reply with quote

Hi, I am rather new in using smartassembly.
I have an issue with reflection. It's general but I will try to specialize.

There is a type let it be TypeA in assembly AssemblyA which is merged to the main executable assembly. No obfuscation, no pruning, no nothing. Just merged.

There is a point in my code where I call:

type.GetCustomAttributes(...) where type == typeof(TypeA) which means TypeA is already known to the runtime and AssemblyA already loaded. At least it should be.

But I get an exception saying that AssemblyA could not be loaded (or one of the dependencies, which by the way are all in place).

From these I gather that GetCustomAttributes somehow tries to re-load AssemblyA from a file.

Can you shed any light on my drama? Wink
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

SmartAssembly merging can cause problems with type equivilence, according to Alex. There is a blurb about that elsewhere on the forum but not further information or fix action. I think you just have to try embedding instead.
kchristo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I will try this and inform you about the results
kchristo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Partial success Reply with quote

This did work actually. I have another issue now which I will have to solve on my own. I already have implemented a solution of 10 smartassembly projects to protect projects that could not be merged or embeded to the main executable assembly, at least not without unwanted re-engineering. What I am trying to do now is somehow manage to have less files distributed. But embedding (even if a solve other issues) does not provide for obfuscation and the more I look into my situation the more I believe I will have to compromise with the 10 projects approach. Crying or Very sad
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1