Red Gate forums :: View topic - Uninstall SQL Refactor before installing SQL Prompt 5
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Prompt 5 EAP
SQL Prompt 5 EAP forum

Uninstall SQL Refactor before installing SQL Prompt 5

Search in SQL Prompt 5 EAP forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Paul Stephenson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Uninstall SQL Refactor before installing SQL Prompt 5 Reply with quote

We have had a number of reports of error messages when installing SQL Prompt 5 alongside SQL Refactor. Our testing has confirmed that under certain configurations the two products cannot co-exist.

Please uninstall SQL Refactor as well as SQL Prompt 4 before trying out the SQL Prompt 5 Early Access release.

If you have already encountered errors, please try uninstalling both SQL Refactor and SQL Prompt 5, and then reinstalling SQL Prompt 5.

If you need features of SQL Refactor that are not yet included in SQL Prompt 5, then please uninstall SQL Prompt 5 and reinstall SQL Refactor. Please also let us know what features they are, and we will prioritise the most popular ones for earlier SQL Prompt 5 Early Access releases.

Note that a future Early Access release will uninstall both SQL Refactor and SQL Prompt 4 for you, and that eventually all features of SQL Refactor will become Pro features of SQL Prompt 5.

Paul Stephenson
SQL Prompt Project Manager
Red Gate Software
weswinkler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Please work on Summarize Script Reply with quote

I find the Summarize Script feature of SQL Refactor very useful. Please work to include this in SQL Prompt V5 as soon as possible.

Also, I would like to see the script summarization window become a bit more interactive. E.g., allow me to highlight a summary section, change to the query window to make changes, and then return to the summarization window and REFRESH the summarization.
Giggles220

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Qualify Object Names command in SQL Refactor especially when I am writing a script in a database I'm not familiar with or if I'm giving my query to someone else. Are there plans to include this in SQL Prompt 5?
David Atkinson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Please work on Summarize Script Reply with quote

weswinkler wrote:
I find the Summarize Script feature of SQL Refactor very useful. Please work to include this in SQL Prompt V5 as soon as possible.

Also, I would like to see the script summarization window become a bit more interactive. E.g., allow me to highlight a summary section, change to the query window to make changes, and then return to the summarization window and REFRESH the summarization.

Implementing this as a modal dialog doesn't seem to have been ideal. We can't make any promises, but we'll see what we can do to improve matters.

David Atkinson
Product Manager
Paul Stephenson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Giggles220 wrote:
I use the Qualify Object Names command in SQL Refactor especially when I am writing a script in a database I'm not familiar with or if I'm giving my query to someone else. Are there plans to include this in SQL Prompt 5?

Yes, we will be including Qualify Object Names in SQL Prompt 5.

Thanks for your feedback!

Paul Stephenson
Red Gate Software
broughtie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layout SQL would be the command I'd like to see prioritized.
Paul Stephenson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi broughtie,

The Lay Out SQL command of SQL Refactor has been superseded by the Format SQL command in SQL Prompt 5. Please try it out!

Regards,
Paul Stephenson
Red Gate Software
broughtie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, missed, that. Format SQL works great, thanks. Would have been nice to be able to import my refactor settings file, but I think I've got it setup the same again.
ceacl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Uninstalling Refactor and Prompt 4 Reply with quote

I too received the Refactor errors after installing Prompt 5. As suggested above I uninstalled both Refactor and Prompt 4 however they both still appear on the SSMS menu.

Any recommendation on how to fully uninstall and remove them from SSMS?
Paul Stephenson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ceacl,

If you want to remove the old menus manually, you can go to Tools -> Customize -> Toolbars -> Menubar -> Reset .

Then restart SSMS to make the SQL Prompt 5 menu re-appear.

Regards,
Paul Stephenson
Red Gate Software
Bernard Sheppard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Keeping shortcut keys for Format/Layout would have been nice Reply with quote

I miss my SQL Refactor keystrokes - annoying I have to learn new ones to Format SQL rather than to Layout SQL.

Minor niggle, but would be a good option to allow "SQL Refactor shortcut keys".
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1