Joined: 16 Jun 2014
|Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:06 pm Post subject: SQL Compare beta v126.96.36.199 is now available
|We've now released the sixth beta of SQL Compare 11 (188.8.131.52), which you can download from the Red Gate website or via Help > Check for Updates if you are currently using v184.108.40.206.
The full release notes for all versions of SQL Compare v11 are available in this thread.
Features for this version:
This version includes additional support for memory-optimized tables. SQL Compare can now drop and recreate database level triggers for CREATE TABLE and DROP TABLE statements on a target database when memory-optimized tables are deployed.
If your deployment includes memory-optimized tables, you need to:
• make sure that the target database has a memory-optimized filegroup
• turn on the ‘Do not use transactions in deployment scripts’ option
Changes to beta features
In the previous beta version (220.127.116.11), memory-optimized tables were deployed as disk-based tables when downgrading to older SQL Server versions (SQL Server 2012 or earlier, or a SQL Server 2014 database with compatibility levels 100 and 110). This is not consistent with how SQL Compare used to handle deployment of new object types to older SQL Server.
In this version, memory-optimized tables will always be deployed as memory-optimized tables regardless of the version of the server. However, users will get a warning before deployment if the target database is not SQL 2014.
Known issues and upcoming improvements
We're currently working on adding support for:
• deployment using transactions for other objects types when they're deployed alongside memory-optimized tables. For example, if you deploy functions alongside memory-optimized tables, there will be no transaction block for the section in the deployment script for deploying the functions
• other new features in SQL Server 2014 including memory-optimized table types, natively compiled stored procedures, clustered columnstore indexes and incremental statistics. This latest SQL Compare beta may display incorrect SQL for these objects, and attempts to deploy them are likely to fail or result in incorrect deployment
N.B. SQL Compare 11 won't include support for comparing and deploying backup files (native or SQL Backup) containing memory-optimized tables.
This version includes the following fixes:
• SC-7359: Fix for the issue where if SQL Compare needs to rebuild a memory optimized table when the "Ignore Filegroups" option is disabled the deployment script contains an empty ON clause on a CREATE TABLE statement (used to create a temporary table to house the memory optimised table's data whilst it is rebuilt)
• SC-7376: NullReferenceException is no longer thrown when schemas get unmapped
• SC-7003: Use proper icon for Search Property Lists
• SC-7348: Search Property Lists and Sequences no longer show as “undefined” in Comparison Report
• SC-7314: Fix the issue where tables with clustered columnstore index with DATA_COMPRESSION = COLUMNSTORE_ARCHIVE does not deploy
• SC-7276: Rebuilding table with different schema no long copies data from wrong schema
• SC-3399: DDL triggers created during synchronization no longer fire when ‘Disable DDL triggers’ option is turned on
• SC-7335: Registering a blank Search Property List (without search properties) no longer causes InvalidCastException
• SC-7012: Search property list now appears in the filter list
SQL Compare Team