Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Compare 10
SQL Compare 10 forum

RG_SC_VERSION not correct

Search in SQL Compare 10 forum
Jump to:  
mmoore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: RG_SC_VERSION not correct Reply with quote

When doing a compare and using Source Control as my source and leaving version as "Latest(mast)", I get the wrong number for this databases version number. In fact, the Extended Property in our database is not even correct...so, I am not sure what is going on.

We are using TFS, and we have multiple databases in the SAME TEAM Project Collection, but under separate TEAM Projects. I understand that version numbers for changes will not be sequential, as the only time the version number updates is when we check things in for that Database. That is fine. What I have a problem with, is that the version number that is generated by SQL COMPARE is not getting the last time a Check-In was done for that database when using "Lastest(head)" as the version to get. In my case, the last time this database was changed was version 281. My extended property for that database shows 186...weird, when I use sql compare, it puts 290 in the script. my last 5 version numbers for this database are as follows: 169, 173, 182, 186, 281, I would expect to see 281 if I used "Latest(head) as my version, but it's not happening.
david.you
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I've opened up a Support Ticket for you, and we will be in contact shortly via email. Thanks again, Mark.

Best,
David
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1