Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Comparison SDK 10
SQL Comparison SDK 10 forum

unable to load backupreader.dll

Search in SQL Comparison SDK 10 forum
Jump to:  
crb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: unable to load backupreader.dll Reply with quote

I had a project that was comparing two backups working fine at least up through loading and comparing the backups. I've been away from it for a couple weeks and now all of the sudden I am getting this error:

Message=Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\...\bin\Debug\RedGate.BackupReader.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I verified all of the references are from the SQL Data Compare assemblies folder. The application was working building for any CPU but tried building for x86--that didn't seem to make any difference.

I also tried removing and re-adding the reference. The reference is set to copy the assembly local and it is in the specified folder. Running one of the samples still works fine so it seems to be just this project.

Thanks in advance.
crb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Resolved Reply with quote

Somehow the project had reverted to Any CPU again. I reset the configuration manager to x86 and it is working now.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1