Red Gate forums :: View topic - Repeatedly prompted for password when connecting to TFS
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 3
SQL Source Control 3 forum

Repeatedly prompted for password when connecting to TFS

Search in SQL Source Control 3 forum
Jump to:  
charliekilian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Repeatedly prompted for password when connecting to TFS Reply with quote

I'm trying to connect SQL Source Control 3.4.3.69 to TFS 2010. I am repeatedly prompted for my password with the prompt "Your source control system requires credentials." After I enter my username and password two or three times, it works. But every time I need to do another operation, or if I click off of the database and click back on, I am prompted to enter my credentials three times again. Sometimes it requires two successful logins, and sometimes it requires three, but it always eventually works as long as I continue typing my TFS username and password correctly.

If it helps to know, we do not have a domain controller here.

This is driving me and several of my teammates crazy. SQL Source Control is only barely usable with this problem. Please help!

Thanks.
andy.campbell.smith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I get you to send in your log files? You can find those in %localappdata%\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Source Control 3\ - if you could send some recent ones to support@red-gate.com and include the ticket number F0073949 that'd be really helpful - we're trying to figure out what might be causing this and the logs would help a lot. Thanks!

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer
andy.campbell.smith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the log files - can I get you to check if Windows has any TFS credentials stored in the Windows Credential Manager? If so, can you try clearing those and see if SQL Source Control still prompts you for credentials repeatedly?

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer
charliekilian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were credentials stored. I cleared them, but that isn't making any difference. I'll send the newest log files, and a screenshot of the cleared credentials in Windows Credential Manager.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1