Red Gate forums :: View topic - Bug when trying to commit with empty message with Git?
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 3
SQL Source Control 3 forum

Bug when trying to commit with empty message with Git?

Search in SQL Source Control 3 forum
Jump to:  
Piotr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Bug when trying to commit with empty message with Git? Reply with quote

I have just started evaluating the trial version of SQL Source Control 3. I'm using Git in a dedicated database. Git doesn't allow committing with empty commit message. Normally it works fine - you get an error and can retry your commit. If committed change contains newly added stored procedure, then trying to commit with empty message fails (as it should), but the change to commit disappears from 'Commit Changes' pane and there's no way to get it to reappear (or at least I couldn't find it out). I had to make the commit using another tool, outside of SQL Management Studio - that means that the status of repository is correct, and it seems to be purely SQL Source Control bug. Can anyone confirm this?

On a side note the tool looks cool, but I'm trying to figure out if we want to invest in it or use SSDT and Visual Studio Tools for Git instead, so I hope there will be no more surprises ;).
andy.campbell.smith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have a go reproducing this issue here, but just for your information we're working on getting full native support for Git and Mercurial in the tool, so this'll be fixed soon either way. I'll let you know how I get on - thanks for your feedback!

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer
kulmam92

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: GIT full native support Reply with quote

Hi Andy

Would it be possible to share rough schedule?
andy.campbell.smith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to start rolling out improvements to Git and Mercurial handling within about a week - we'll be working on this for a while, so support ought to get better for them over time, but we'll be releasing the changes bit-by-bit as they're implemented.

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1