Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Memory Profiler 7
ANTS Memory Profiler 7 forum

Feature Suggestion: Exception List

Search in ANTS Memory Profiler 7 forum
Jump to:  
hignettm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Feature Suggestion: Exception List Reply with quote

I'm finding a fair amount of false positives with ANTS memory profiler - for example List<T> appears to leak an empty array.

The trouble is, in six months time when I next do memory analysis at the end of a development cycle I have forgotten everything that I can safely ignore!

So, I have an idea for a new feature: An 'ignore list' that allows me to ignore specific leaks. I should be able to add a free text comment to each item in the list so I can add an explanation as to why it is ignored. A way to import/export the list as a text file would be needed so the list can be added to source control.

All leaks that match those in the list should be excluded from reports and there should be a simple way (e.g. right click on a class in the class list) to add an ignore item.

Is such a feature possible? I think it would have to match by class type (e.g. Cezanne.Framework.Application.CFWorkflowItem[]). Would that be sufficient, or is there a risk that real leaks would get ignored? Properly matching leaks with ignore items is probably the trickiest part of this...

Thanks!
jessica.ramos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion! It does seems like this option might pose some risks of ignoring potentially useful information, however, I've created a feature request (with reference MP-1836) and the developers can take the idea into consideration for future releases. Nonetheless, I do think the particular aspect of being able to comment on items is a nice idea. Thank you for your feedback! Very Happy
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1