Red Gate forums :: View topic - SQL Prompt Add-In No longer starting up in VS 2010
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Prompt 5 EAP
SQL Prompt 5 EAP forum

SQL Prompt Add-In No longer starting up in VS 2010

Search in SQL Prompt 5 EAP forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Imar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: SQL Prompt Add-In No longer starting up in VS 2010 Reply with quote

Hi there,

I reinstalled the latest version of SQL Prompt a few days ago and it seemed to work fine in VS 2010. Today, however, I get the error message:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
---------------------------
The Add-in 'SQL Prompt 5' failed to load or caused an exception.
Would you like to remove this Add-in?
If you choose yes, the file it was loaded from, 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 5\VSUI.AddIn', will be renamed.

Error Message: <Unknown Error>
Error number: 80131604

The latest log file at C:\Users\Imar\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 5 tells me this:

28 Nov 2010 14:01:42,979 [1] INFO RedGate.SqlPrompt.Engine.LogService - Starting new SQL Prompt editor session
28 Nov 2010 14:01:42,990 [1] ERROR RedGate.SqlPrompt.Engine.Options.OptionsBase - Error deserializing options for RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Options.UIOptions. Resetting to defaults.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Options.SqlPromptApplication' threw an exception. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String]' to type 'System.Collections.Hashtable'.
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Options.SqlPromptApplication.?(String algoOid)
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Options.SqlPromptApplication.?()
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Options.SqlPromptApplication..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Options.SqlPromptApplication.add_LicenseChanged(EventHandler value)
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Options.UIOptions..ctor()
at OptionsClass09e8dca7bb2c42bbb75a1d342298f87f..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at RedGate.Shared.Utils.IO.Serialization.XMLSerializeFormatter.a(XmlReader , String , String )
at RedGate.Shared.Utils.IO.Serialization.XMLSerializeFormatter.DeserializeRootObject(TextReader reader, String name, String typeName)
at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Engine.Options.OptionsBase.?(Type optionsType, TextReader reader)
at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Engine.Options.OptionsBase.?(Type optionsType)
at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Engine.Options.OptionsBase.LoadOptions[T]()

I temporarily removed the XML files from my red Gate user folder but that didn't make any difference. Is there another location where my options are stored that I can clear?

SQL Prompt still works fine in SSMS.

Any ideas?

Imar
Imar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info: SQL Prompt works fine in VS 2008 on the same machine. Repairing and reinstalling SQL Prompt didn't fix the issue.

Cheers,

Imar
AndrewJacksonZA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Imar, I was about to post the same thing.

I'm running a 32bit installation of Windows XP SP3.
Paul Stephenson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your report. We're looking into it.

Paul Stephenson
SQL Prompt Project Manager
Red Gate Software
Sistemi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

today i've got the same error message

i'm using vstudio 2010 on Windows 7 Ent x64

yesterday opening sql server 2008 management console i've requested to upgrade from sql prompt 4 to 5, all works fine..

today the error..
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1