Red Gate forums :: View topic - click once?
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Packager Previous Versions
SQL Packager Previous Versions forum

click once?

Search in SQL Packager Previous Versions forum
Jump to:  
jbrown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: click once? Reply with quote

When we do a "click once" publish of our C# packager and try to run it, the user will briefly see the cmd prompt flash, and then the application just disappears - no form ever appears on the screen.

To get it working this far we had to set the RedGate dll's "copy local" to true, is there anything else we're missing?
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Here is my experience with ClickOnce and Packager. I output the package as a C# project so that I could use the "publish" menu item from Visual Studio, a fair shade easier than actually working out how ClickOnce actually works! After I published, I tried the "install" button on the website where I had published it. At that point it told me I needed RedGate.Compression.Zlib.dll in my GAC, so I did that.

Next I clicked Install again, and got the flashing command prompt, same as you.

I then went back into Visual Studio and edited PackageMain.Main() to put a Console.ReadLine right before "return". Now I can see what is in the command window and it says
Quote:
You don't have sufficient permissions to run an executable located on another machine

My guess is that in all likelyhood it's a matter of adjusting your zone security in the .NET Framework configuration wizard to allow assemblies to run across the Internet. Maybe there is another way around this issue, but at least you can find out what the problem might be.

I hope this helps!
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1